Founded in 1981, the Project on Government Oversight (POGO) is a nonpartisan independent watchdog that champions good government reforms. POGO’s investigations into corruption, misconduct, and conflicts of interest achieve a more effective, accountable, open, and ethical federal government.
We are seeking qualified and passionate applicants for our Database Specialist position in support of the above mission and to be part of POGO’s growing team.
The Database Specialist will work across multiple POGO teams (Development, Communications, Finance, and our Congressional Oversight Initiative) and be responsible for maintaining POGO’s supporter databases (currently in Luminate CRM, which is built on Salesforce and Luminate Online).
This position will report to the Development Director and the Chief Communications Strategist, and be supervised by the Community Engagement Manager.
The ideal candidate will have experience in database management at a non-profit or political organization.
Compensation: Competitive salary for a nonprofit commensurate with experience ($40,000 to $50,000 / year). Benefits currently include health insurance, dental plan, retirement contribution once eligible, life insurance, and short-term disability coverage, subject to the terms established by the insurance providers. Metro SmartTrip deferral and 403b investment plan available. Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave provided.
EEO: POGO provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We welcome all interested and qualified individuals to apply.
- Developing, documenting, maintaining, and optimizing procedures and strategies for data management and input to ensure accurate and complete data.
- Performing routine data hygiene tasks, including updating contact record fields and managing duplicate accounts.
- Sending emails to various groups within the POGO databases, including donors, activists, and Congressional Oversight Initiative participants.
- Maintaining and developing user interfaces in Salesforce such as custom fields, workflow and validation rules, and page layouts.
- Running advanced reporting tasks and queries in addition to routine reports to track online and offline revenue.
- Uploading new data to both Luminate CRM and Luminate Online on a regular basis.
- Producing a variety of donor reports, online revenue reports, and newsletter and direct mail mailing lists.
- Coordinating production of donor mailings by conducting mail list pulls, merging letters and responsive devices, coordinating all mailing pieces, and organizing the assembly.
- Conducting log checks and processing donor and event credit card donations.
- Coding, entering, and bundling donor gifts, grants, and checks.
- Coordinating and producing weekly thank you letter reports, mail merges, envelope and label printings, and other products needed for that mailing.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a database-oriented position.
- Strong database management skills are required, experience with Salesforce is highly desirable.
- Experience in a non-profit or political organization is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Luminate Online and Luminate CRM is a plus.
- Bachelor degree not required, but relevant education and certifications are a plus.
POGO-ite General Requirements
- Team player
- Self starter
- Detail oriented
- Highly organized
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Commitment to POGO and its mission
Send a cover letter and resume to Pam Rutter at email@example.com with “Database Specialist” in the subject line or mail to Project On Government Oversight, 1100 G Street, NW, #500, Washington, DC 20005.
No phone calls please.