Founded in 1981, the Project On Government Oversight (POGO) is a nonpartisan independent watchdog that works to expose waste, corruption, abuse of power, and other instances where the government fails to serve the public. We champion reforms to achieve a more effective, ethical, and accountable federal government that safeguards constitutional principles. POGO has a $6 million annual budget that supports three projects and a staff of 35 employees.
POGO is looking for a talented Operations Manager to oversee and improve our office operations. Additionally, this is an opportunity to both gain experience and prepare for advanced responsibilities in a growing and dynamic organization. The Operations Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Oversee and procure office equipment and supply vendors, including researching and evaluating office furniture, video conference systems, and other technology.
- Assist with finances, including management and processing of incoming direct mail contributions.
- Collaborate with the building’s management company and other external groups.
- Coordinate and arrange POGO staff travel.
- Collaborate with POGO’s Chief Operating Officer to produce a strategic plan to achieve POGO’s financial goals.
- Handle other office projects as assigned.
- Experience in general office administration, including managing facilities and equipment leases.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Creative problem solver.
- Responsiveness to staff and colleagues from other organizations.
- Strong attention to details.
- Strong ability to multitask and set priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentially with management decisions.
- Initiative to assist other staff members.
- Experience in travel arrangements and scheduling, is a plus.
- A team player, flexible, and ready to pitch in on a variety of projects.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive nonprofit salary in the range of $50K-$60K.
- Health insurance and dental plan.
- Retirement contribution once eligible.
- Life insurance and short-term disability coverage, subject to the terms established by the insurance providers.
- Metro SmartTrip deferral and 403(b) investment plan available.
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: POGO Operations Manager, or mail application to Project on Government Oversight, 1100 G Street, NW, #500, Washington, DC 20005. No phone calls please.
POGO provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We encourage all interested and qualified individuals to apply.