Social Media EditorTweet
Founded in 1981, the Project On Government Oversight (POGO) is a nonpartisan independent watchdog that works to expose waste, corruption, abuse of power, and other instances where the government fails to serve the public. We champion reforms to achieve a more effective, ethical, and accountable federal government that safeguards constitutional principles. POGO has a $6 million annual budget that supports three projects and a staff of 35 employees.
POGO is looking for a talented Social Media Editor to support our investigations and policy work as part of our growing communications team. The Social Media Editor will report directly to the Associate Communications Strategist.
- Create daily social media content to distribute via POGO’s channels, including its sub-brands: the Constitution Project, the Center for Defense Information, and the Congressional Oversight Initiative.
- Identify key opportunities for engagement by building relationships with reporters, allied organizations and other topic “influencers.”
- Develop, customize, and utilize social media analytics to measure and increase the audiences for POGO’s work, particularly work by our experts.
- Explore new ways to tell and share POGO stories and investigations on social media platforms.
- Monitor social media coverage and conversations on the issues important to POGO’s work to identify opportunities for engagement, includes following key reporters, allied organizations, and other influencers and key stakeholders.
- Create quick, shareable graphics, video or other dynamic content in conjunction with designers to increase engagement across our platforms.
- Remain current with the latest trends and best practices for social media platforms and tools, and share these developments with the communications team.
- Assist with developing strategic long-term issue advocacy and donor digital campaigns, including the development of Facebook Ad campaigns.
- Bachelor degree in political science, public relations, communications, journalism, advertising, or a related field, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Strong writing, editing, communications, and presentation skills, including experience creating effective and engaging content with an appropriate organizational tone and nonpartisan voice.
- Skills and experience with digital analytics.
- Experience developing communications strategy for issue advocacy, marketing or public relations.
- Experience marketing content using social media and digital advertising.
- Graphic design experience using tools such as Photoshop, InDesign, and Canva, is a plus.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and flexibility with project assignments.
- Passionate and engaging storyteller.
- Passion for liberty, justice, and the rule of law.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive nonprofit salary in the range of $45K-50K.
- Health insurance and dental plan.
- Retirement contribution once eligible.
- Life insurance and short-term disability coverage, subject to the terms established by the insurance providers.
- Metro SmartTrip deferral and 403(b) investment plan available.
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: POGO -- Social Media Editor, in the subject line or mail application to Project on Government Oversight, 1100 G Street, NW, #500, Washington, DC 20005. No phone calls please.
POGO provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We encourage all interested and qualified individuals to apply.