We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
Founded in 1981 in partnership with whistleblowers, the Project On Government Oversight (POGO) is a nonpartisan independent watchdog that works to expose waste, corruption, abuse of power, and when the government fails to serve the public or silences those who report wrongdoing. We champion reforms to achieve a more effective, ethical, and accountable federal government that safeguards constitutional principles. POGO has an annual budget of more than $6 million, which supports a staff of over 45 employees.
POGO’s communications team is looking for a talented Digital Marketing Manager to plan and execute POGO’s email marketing campaigns and products. The Digital Marketing Manager will lead POGO’s digital program to advance POGO’s brand among key audiences and generate support for the organization’s key issues and objectives. The Digital Marketing Manager reports directly to POGO’s Director of Communications.
We encourage potential applicants to apply even if they only have experience or familiarity in some of the areas described below. We fully recognize that many great candidates will not have experience in all of the areas we list, or they may have relevant experiences and skills that we have not listed or considered.
- Design and implement a digital communications and marketing strategy that increases brand awareness and builds engagement for the organization’s core issues, working closely with POGO’s director of communications and executive strategist.
- Work across the organization to create multi-channel digital campaigns based on the organization’s core issues and investigations, both advocacy and donor based, that engage current and future supporters.
- Supervise POGO’s digital communications associate and others as the digital team grows.
- Meet organization’s digital outreach goals, including email acquisition, donations from digital sources, and key engagement KPIs set in coordination with the Director of Communications, Director of Individual Giving, and Executive Strategist.
- Track online user data in order to shape POGO’s digital strategy for engaging supporters and target audiences in real-time by using a combination of Google Analytics and third-party software.
- Other duties as required to accomplish POGO’s mission.
- Assist with creating, monitoring, and optimizing of ads across a wide variety of digital platforms, working with POGO’s social media editor.
- Draft impactful ad, email, and landing page copy and work with POGO’s creative team on visual elements of those products.
- Maintain and design email content calendar, facilitate and plan content brainstorms, and report outcomes on these to stakeholders.
- Use email, ad, and fundraising data to inform an effective content strategy that drives long-term and short-term growth, both when it comes to engagement on POGO’s core issues and meeting fundraising goals. Manage POGO’s variety of websites, including uploading content, troubleshooting issues, utilizing SEO, and implementing new tools, strategies, and design that will engage POGO’s online users more effectively.
- Minimum of three years of experience in digital content creation and marketing
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience building and executing multi-channel digital campaigns that have grown engagement for grassroots advocacy and increased donor support
- Experience using Google Analytics, Google Search Engine, Microsoft Clarity, or other similar website monitoring platforms
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using SEO to increase website traffic and engagement.
- Experience using CRMs to build complex email segmentation, produce automated emails, and pull reports.
- Experience placing and managing digital advertising, including paid social, SEM, etc.
- Basic understanding of audience research, audience targeting, and personas
- Ability to deal with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
Compensation benefits, and other information:
The job is full time and includes the listed benefits.
- Competitive nonprofit salary starting at $68K
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 403(b) employee investment plan available, with employer retirement contribution through a SEP IRA once eligible
- Life insurance and long-term disability coverage
- Metro SmarTrip benefits participation available
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave
POGO offers employees access to shared office space in Washington, DC; however, this position is also available for full-time remote work.
POGO is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We encourage all interested and qualified individuals to apply.