The 116th Congress faces a number of high-profile and important investigations. However, the last several Congresses have not consistently maintained a civil, united, and fact-based oversight approach without partisan agendas. Is there room for renewal? How can Congress do better?
This panel of experts, moderated by Justin Rood, Director of POGO's Congressional Oversight Initiative, set out to answer these questions and more at the Legislative Branch Review Conference, hosted by The Federalist Society on February 6, 2019.
- Ms. Elise Bean, Washington Co-Director, Levin Center at Wayne Law
- Mr. Stanley M. Brand, Senior Counsel, Akin Gump
- Ms. Machalagh Carr, General Counsel & Parliamentarian (R), Committee on Ways and Means, U. S. House of Representatives
- Mr. Jon Skladany, Chief Counsel for Oversight (R), Committee on Financial Services, U.S. House of Representatives
- Moderator: Mr. Justin Rood, Director of the Congressional Oversight Initiative, Project On Government Oversight